Healthier You: Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Leprechaun Cookies
One of the most difficult parts of any fitness journey is changing the way you think about food. Cutting certain foods out of your diet and incorporating new ones is a challenge for many people, so don't feel alone if you also struggle with this. Here at AstroFlav we want to help you along your fitness journey by providing you with delicious (and healthy) recipes that will keep you dedicated to your fitness journey while allowing you to enjoy what you eat. In the spirit of Saint Patrick's Day, this week's Healthier Yourecipe is for Chocolate Chip Leprechaun Cookies. We like to add our AstroFlav collagen protein to the cookie dough mix for an extra protein boost. We hope you love these recipes as much as we do!
Chocolate Chip Leprechaun Cookies
These delicious chocolate chip cookies are gluten free and packed with protein. Plus, a few drops of green food coloring adds holiday spirit for Saint Patrick's Day. What's not to love?
2 1/2 Cups Oat Flour
1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar *or brown sugar
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup Apple Sauce
1/4 Cup Pureed Banana About one large, ver ripe banana
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
3 Scoops AstroFlav Salted Caramel Collagen Protein
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Tsp Salt
Green food coloring
Tip: Having a difficult time finding oat flour? Easily make your own by blending whole oats in your blender!
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or lightly grease.
2. In a bowl, whisk together oat flour, collagen, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Using either a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer, beat the oil and sugar at medium high speed until light, about 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Add apple sauce + bananas beating well after addition.
5. Beat in vanilla extract.
6. Scrape down sides of the bowl and beat 30 seconds more.
7. At low speed, add the flour mixture and beat until just blended.
8. Fold in chocolate chips.
9. Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour (or up to a week in the fridge.)
10. Shape the cookie into 1 inch balls (about 1 tablespoon of dough.)
11. Arrange balls on the baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
12. Bake cookies one sheet at time, 12- 15 minutes until tops are crinkly and they are puffed and lightly browned around the edges.
13. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
Did you try out the recipe? Send a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org know to be featured in our Facebook community!