One of the most difficult parts of any fitness journey is changing the way you think about food. Cutting certain foods out of your diet and incorporating new ones is a challenge for many people, so don't feel alone if you also struggle with this. Here at AstroFlav, we want to help you along your fitness journey by providing you with delicious (and healthy) recipes that will keep you dedicated to your fitness journey while allowing you to enjoy what you eat. This week's Healthier You recipe is for Oreo protein bites! Using our best-selling AstroFlav IsoMix Whey Protein Isolate, these delicious Oreo bites are packed full of protein to fuel your fitness gains. We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Oreo Protein Bites
1/2 cup AstroFlav IsoMix Whey Protein Isolate in French Vanilla
1/4 cup coconut flour
3 Tbsp granulated sugar of choice
6 Tbsp cream cheese of choice (6 Tbsp is about 3 oz)
4 Oreo cookies, crushed
3-4 Tbsp white chocolate chips, melted (optional)
1. Using a sharp knife, chop Oreo cookies finely until you achieve the consistency of oreo cookie crumb "flour".
2. In a large bowl, mix the protein powder, coconut flour, and sugar together.
3. Add the cream cheese and cookie crumbs to the dry ingredients.
4. Mix together until evenly mixed. You can add 1-2 tbsp of milk or almond milk if the mixture is too thick.
5. Roll into tablespoon sized balls and drizzle with melted white chocolate (optional). If you choose to use the white chocolate, melt in a microwave safe bowl by microwaving white chocolate chips in thirty second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted.
6. Place in fridge for 30 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
7. Enjoy! Store these protein balls covered in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Did you try out the recipe? Send a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org know to be featured in our Facebook community!