Satisfy your sweet tooth this summer while keeping on top of your fitness goals with these four AstroFlav original recipes. Enjoy!
Recipe #1: Protein Peanut Butter Cups
These peanut butter cups will be gone before you know it! Store in the fridge for a refreshing mid-day pick-me-up. Recipe yields 14 mini cups.
1 scoop chocolate peanut butter cup protein powder or less depending on how runny your peanut butter is.
¼ cup natural smooth peanut butter
1 cup dark chocolate chips
2 tbsp coconut oil
Sea salt for topping (optional)
1, First, start by lining a mini muffin tin with 14 muffin liners and set aside.
2. In a small bowl mix the peanut butter and protein powder together. Start with 2 tbsp of protein powder and continue adding more until your peanut butter mixture reaches a malleable consistency. This will depend on how smooth your nut butter is, usually natural peanut butters are runnier and will require a whole scoop of protein powder.
3. Scoop out about 1 rounded teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture and roll it into little marble sized balls and set aside.
4. In a microwave safe bowl melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second increments, stirring each time until the chocolate is completely melted.
5. Scoop 1 tsp of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of each of the muffin liners then freeze for 10 minutes or until the chocolate solidifies.
6. When the chocolate hardens, place the rolled peanut butter balls on top and flatten them using your fingers or the back of a spoon.
7. Add 2 more teaspoons of melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter layer and sprinkle some sea salt on top. Repeat this process with all the peanut butter cups and place the muffin tin back into the freezer for the chocolate to harden.
8. Store these chocolate peanut butter protein cups in an airtight container in the freezer for maximum freshness.
Recipe #2: Oreo Protein Shake
This shake replicates an Oreo milkshake, the perfect treat for a hot summer day.
Yields 1 serving
2 Cups almond milk or any milk you desire
1 Scoop Double Stuffed Cookies & Cream protein powder
3 Oreo cookies with the filling removed
¼ Teaspoon vanilla
Sugar free whipped cream + crumbled Oreos for topping (optional)
1. Add in all the ingredients into the blender starting with the milk. Blend on high until smooth and desired consistency has been reached.
2. If this protein smoothie is too thick for your liking add a little more milk or water to get the perfect smoothie!
3. Optional: Top with the sugar free whipped cream and sprinkle some crumbled Oreo cookie on top.
Recipe #3: Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Popsicles
Chocolate Peanut Butter Puff Protein Popsicles
Cool down this summer with these AstroFlav original Chocolate Peanut Butter Puff Protein Popsicles!
(Yields: 6 popsicles)
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
½ cup milk
¼ tsp xanthan gum
1 scoop Astroflav chocolate peanut butter puff protein powder
2 Tbsp honey
¼ cup Reese’s puffs cereal
2 Tbsp chocolate chips
1 Tbsp chopped peanuts
1. Place the Greek yogurt, milk, xanthan gum, protein powder and the honey in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into a 6-popsicle mold and fill them almost to the top.
3. Top each popsicle with some Reese’s puffs cereal then place a popsicle stick into each mold.
4. Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or until completely frozen.
5. Remove the popsicles from the mold by running them under warm water for 30 seconds.
6. Melting the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 second increments. When the chocolate is completely melted, drizzle each popsicle with the chocolate and sprinkle it with some chopped peanuts.
7. Enjoy your healthy treat!
Recipe #4: Oreo Banana Protein Ice Cream
Oreo Banana Protein Ice Cream
You won't believe you haven't tried this before. Make this incredibly easy and delicious ice cream in the blender for a quick, healthy and delicious dessert.
Ingredients (Yields 1 serving):
3 Tablespoon Double Stuffed Cookies & Cream protein powder
1 frozen banana, sliced into small pieces
2 Tablespoon Greek yogurt
1 Oreo cookie (optional)
1. First, grab a very ripe banana, peel and chop it into somewhat small slices. The shape doesn’t matter since we are going to blend them. Put the banana pieces in an airtight container and freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. When the banana pieces are completely frozen, place them in the food processor or high-speed blender then add the protein powder and the Greek yogurt. Pulse to break up the frozen bananas. The mix will look a little crumbly at first but keep pulsing. Scrape down the sides of the food processor to ensure that everything is getting blended. Continue blending until the you get a smooth mixture.
3. At this point you can stop and enjoy your protein ice cream or add in one crumbled Oreo to the ice cream and pulse a couple more times to get it incorporated. Serve right away!
Try these recipes out and send a picture to email@example.com to be featured in our Facebook community!